WWF-India is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to contribute to and deliver on WWF-India’s Climate Change and Energy agenda, which focuses on promoting renewable energy and overall low carbon development strategies, climate policy, climate innovation, climate change and cities, and impacts of climate change on ecosystems and species. The incumbent is expected to have ability to multi-task and display strong result-oriented approach.
Location: New Delhi
The Job Profile:
1. Develop, and contribute to research activities related to climate change and energy such as scaling up of renewable energy, low carbon development, climate innovation, climate finance, climate change impacts on biodiversity, etc
2. Developing policy/advocacy strategies related to renewable energy and climate change issues at the state and national level
3. Contribute to field projects/activities on renewable energy promotion and improved energy access, and assist in scaling up of field initiatives
4. Organizing workshops/meetings, preparing background documents and other relevant documents for wider dissemination and outreach.
5. Responsible for meeting technical and financial reporting requirements for projects, as well as contribute to project related activities ongoing in the CCE division.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
- Master’s Degree in Climate Science/ Environmental Science/ Energy / Natural Sciences or related disciplines, from a recognized university,
- M. Tech. in Environment Engineering/Energy/climate change or related disciplines, from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the area of Climate Change and Energy (candidates with lesser experience could be considered for the position of Programme Officer).
- Knowledge and proven experience of proposal and technical report writing shall be an added advantage.
- Experience of working with stakeholders in the Govt. and industry.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Good communication, project execution & planning skills
- Excellent inter-personal and team skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to multi-task and display strong result-oriented approach
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references.
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “Senior Programme Officer- Climate Change & Energy”, in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.